Cyber for Defence Practitioners
The aim of this course is to assist students in rapidly developing an understanding of what cyber is and how it can be managed across defence. It will introduce the concept of cyber power, evaluating the cyber threats and opportunities likely to face operators, engineers, procurement staff, industry and partners. The course covers cyber as the 5th domain, from consideration in procurement lifecycles through to practical technical aspects and the operational defence context. Instructors illustrate fundamental principles of cyber, explore today’s key cyber challenges and discuss future developments.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand Cyber as the fifth Domain, Cyber Power and its relation to Info Ops, Info Assurance and Electronic Warfare
- Explain Cyber Threats, Challenges and Concerns for Defence
- Understand Common attack types and attack vectors, technical mitigations & cyber defence posture
- Opportunities presented in cyber-space.
- Procurement Executives
- Project & Requirements Managers
- Policy Authors
- Academics & Industry Suppliers
- IT Staff
As 3SDL’s cyber technical lead, Mike oversees our consultants in selecting, integrating and adopting secure technical solutions for clients operating in cyberspace.
With both technical ability and a recognition that cyber security is as much about socio-political issues as technical controls, Mike is ideally placed to provide pragmatic oversight across 3SDL’s diverse range of clients.