3SDL is a leading Defence and Security consultancy, working in partnership with UK and international customers to deliver software, cyber, datalinks and integrated information and intelligence solutions. Our expert engineers and operators get the best possible capabilities to the front-line through our innovative managed services and technical project support.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Leader who is credible but humble in their approach, with demonstrable experience in managing people and the successful delivery of a portfolio of projects and R&D programmes.
The role embodies the driving force of our Delivery pillar.
The Head of Business Delivery is responsible to the CEO for the following:
1. Serving as a member of the 3SDL Senior Leadership Team.
2. Working with the 3SDL Senior Leadership Team to implement the company strategy.
3. Managing the successful delivery of the portfolio of projects and research and development programs within the organisation.
4. Management and mentorship of the Management Team within Delivery.
5. Monitoring and, where appropriate, challenging the conduct of all staff where it is found to be at odds with our values and behaviours.
6. Delivering the 3SDL Revenue and Gross Margin targets.
7. Delivering 'Organic Growth' targets across the portfolio of projects.
8. Advising the 3SDL Board on Delivery related issues and maintaining a register of Delivery Risks.
9. Ensuring all 3SDL projects are delivered within agreed cost, schedule, risk and resource budgets.
10. Managing manpower resourcing within delivery to maintain agreed utilisation levels in addition to providing appropriate resources to tasks.
11. Managing manpower forecasting within delivery to assess existing resource availability and determine any future recruitment or training needs.
12. Ensuing that all Management Reporting information (historic and forecast) is accurate and up-to-date at all times.
13. Conducting a weekly Delivery Update Meeting with the CEO.
14. Ensuring governance and procedures are established and adhered to for the Project Management function within Delivery.
15. Ensuring governance and procedures are established and adhered to for ensuring compliance to all required legal, quality and ethical standards including Export Control, Security and Safety.
16. Providing technical governance over all technical proposals and project deliverables.
17. Working with Business Winning to provide appropriate resources to support business winning activities and tender responses.
18. Working with Business Winning to provide review and approvals for the release of tender responses and associated pricing.
19. Working with Business Services to enable the provision of Human Resource support to Managers and staff within Delivery.
• Ability to hold UK DV Clearance
• UK Driving License
• Experience in delivering a portfolio of projects.
• Substantial project and programme management experience
• Strong technical or engineering background
• Experience of managing multi-million P&L
• Good knowledge of budgeting, cost controls and resource allocation procedures
• Demonstrable experience of managing a diverse team
• Strong leadership skills, able to set direction for others and motivate a team of internal and, at times, 3rd party managers and engineers
• Demonstrable experience in risk and issue management
Applicants should submit their CV, a covering letter describing their approach to the role and our business, and a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 0900hrs 02 Jan 2020.