3SDL is a leading Defence and Security consultancy that delivers software, managed services and innovative solutions that enable individuals, organisations and military forces to deliver the very best possible operational capabilities. We achieve this through consultancy, training, and collaborative partnerships with the world’s leading Defence and Security authorities.
At 3SDL, the fusion of Talent and technology solves persistent problems. We’ve established ourselves as a leading developer of innovative software solutions. We’re looking for a highly-skilled Junior Software Engineer to join our program and network design team. Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of software development processes and experience testing and evaluating current networking systems. If finding issues and fixing them with beautiful, meticulous code are among the talents that make you tick, we’d like to hear from you.
• Visualize, design, and develop creative and innovative software platforms, as we continue to experience dramatic growth in the usage and visibility of our products
• Create scalable software platforms and applications, and efficient networking solutions that are unit tested, code reviewed, and checked regularly for continuous integration
• Examine existing systems, identifying flaws and creating solutions to improve service uptime and time-to-resolve through monitoring and automated remediation
• Plan and execute full software development life cycles (SDLC) for each assigned project, adhering to company standards and expectations
• Design and build tools and frameworks to automate development, testing deployment, management and monitoring of the company’s 24x7 services and products
• Plan and scale distributed software and applications, applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with urgency and quality
• Track, document, and maintain software and network system functionality—both internally and externally, leveraging opportunities to improve engineering productivity
• Give a high level of attention to creating software and networking platforms free of faulty programming, keeping developers in step continuously without compromising site reliability
Experience in one or more of the following tools and technologies:
o Windows / Linux / Solaris platforms
o Big Data Secure Solutions
o Visual Studio / Eclipse
o AGILE development
o JIRA / Atlassian Toolset
• Proven ability to document design processes, including development, tests, analytics, and troubleshooting
• Experience with rapid development cycles in a web-based environment
• Strong scripting and test automation abilities
• Full driving licence
• Undergo UK government security vetting.
• Sign the Official Secrets Act
• Desire to continue to grow professional capabilities with ongoing training and educational opportunities
• A competitive salary
• A generous leave allowance: 30 days (plus 8 public holidays)
• Company pension
• Company bonus scheme
• Annual training allowance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Cycle to work scheme
• Unpaid extended leave
• Maternity/Paternity leave
• Support to Reserve service
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the limiting criteria surrounding the award of a Security Clearance (SC), unfortunately we can only accept applications from UK nationals – specifically, those with a UK passport.