Base location: Malvern or Lincoln
Salary: £20,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
3SDL is a leading defence and cyber data systems specialist that enables individuals, organisations and military forces to deliver positive effect. We achieve this through training, applied innovation and collaborative partnerships with the world’s leading defence authorities. It is our independence, proven expertise and ability to apply real-world knowledge that has earned us a global reputation for making the impossible, possible. 3SDL brings a new dimension to projects which enables clients and partners to solve challenges that would otherwise have held them back.
At 3SDL, the fusion of talent and technology solves persistent problems. We’ve established ourselves as a leading developer of innovative software solutions. We’re looking for a competent Software Engineer to join our software team. Our ideal candidate will also have knowledge of software development processes and experience in testing and evaluating networked systems. If finding issues and fixing them with, structured and documented code are among the talents that make you tick, we’d like to hear from you.
• Visualize, design, and develop innovative software platforms, as we continue to experience dramatic growth in the usage and visibility of our products.
• Create scalable software platforms and applications, and efficient networking solutions that are unit tested, code reviewed, and checked regularly for continuous integration
• Examine existing systems, identifying flaws and creating solutions to improve service uptime and time-to-resolve through monitoring and automated remediation
• Plan and execute full software development life cycles (SDLC) for each assigned project, adhering to company standards and expectations
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Develop software and applications, applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with urgency and quality
• Collaborate with programme team, to deliver solutions against project work plans.
• Any of the following backgrounds will be considered
o HND or BSc level qualification in Software Engineering or equivalent Computer Science related discipline
o 2-3 years’ experience in an active Software Development role.
• Experience in one or more of the following disciplines would be beneficial:
o Development of software for Windows/Linux based platforms
o SQL/NoSQL Database manipulation
o Mobile application development
o IP Networking
o Design processes, including development, tests, analytics, and troubleshooting
o Scripting and test automation abilities
• Full driving licence is highly desirable.
• Undergo UK government security vetting.
• Sign the Official Secrets Act
• Desire to continue to grow personal professional capabilities with ongoing training and educational opportunities
• A generous leave allowance: 30 days (plus 8 public holidays)
• Company pension
• Company bonus scheme
• Annual training allowance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Cycle to work scheme
• Unpaid extended leave
• Maternity/Paternity leave
• Support to Reserve service
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Given the limiting criteria surrounding the award of a Security Clearance (SC), unfortunately we can only accept applications from UK nationals – specifically, those with a UK passport.