Senior Cyber Consultant
Base location: Malvern
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000
3SDL is a leading defence and cyber security specialist that enables individuals, organisations and military forces to deliver positive effect. We achieve this through training, applied innovation, information assurance, risk management and collaborative partnerships with the world’s leading defence authorities. It is our independence, proven expertise and ability to apply real-world knowledge that has earned us a global reputation for making the impossible, possible. 3SDL brings a new dimension to projects which enables clients and partners to solve challenges that would otherwise have held them back.
3SDL’s Cyber Capability Group plays an engaging, active and growing role within security sector. Our consultants are relied upon to provide advice, assurance, management, expertise and solutions to high profile government and commercial clients facing a range of cyber threats. Cyber consultants at 3SDL must combine a broad and deep understanding of information security with the competencies required to understand, manage and deliver to customer needs. Our Cyber Consultants are expected to be of a robust and proactive character, and able to work effectively both remotely in isolation under their own direction as well as contributing and supporting the Cyber Capability Group. The Cyber Consultant will be based out of our office in Malvern, Worcestershire.
• To maintain up-to-date knowledge and awareness of cyber threats across the private sector and government.
• To provide advice on cyber controls, risks, threats, technology and relevant management strategies to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client assets.
• To deliver security training to clients, both in the private and public sector.
• To build and maintain client relationships.
• To conduct audits, security assessments and risk analysis at client organisations of information systems, platforms and enterprises.
• To maintain a current understanding of security architecture best practices and the latest technology related to this to provide design and security advice for clients.
• To author documentation on behalf of customers to a high standard.
• To conduct analysis and author technical reports to a high standard.
• To support and report regularly to the Cyber Capability Group.
• To assist and drive new business winning.
• To represent and promote 3SDL interest at both customer sites and industry events.
• To travel away from the designated 3SDL office to client sites when required.
• To be comfortable working both remotely and from within the 3SDL offices.
• To contribute to the creation and maintenance of an enjoyable working environment.
• To proactively work under their own direction as well as taking direction from the Capability Lead and Project Managers when required.
Holds professional security certifications such as CCP, CISSP or equivalent. E
Willing to maintain and work towards professional information security certifications. E
Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant security subject. E
5 years’ experience of working within the information security sector. E
Information security risk management. E
Security auditing of IT systems. E
Secure system/network architecture design. E
Providing information security training. E
Experience UK MOD and government working environments and information security standards, such as HMG, IS1&2, JSP 440, DART and associated accreditation experience. E
Identification of cyber risk from business priorities. E
Experience of working within a team, with a willingness to support, mentor and teach other members of the capability. E
Implementing, securing and managing typical IT infrastructures and technology such as Windows, IP networks, mobile devices, firewalls, databases and web-based services. E
Cloud security and architecture. D
Secure transmission and protection of sensitive data in transmission and at rest. D
Secure configuration of hardware and software. D
An in-depth knowledge of current security controls and cyber issues. E
Ability to be proactive and work unsupervised as well as part of a close-knit team. E
Excellent communication skills, including verbally and writing. E
Ability to interact credibly with senior customer representatives. E
Understanding of security certifications and standards such as ISO 27001 and Cyber Essentials. E
Customer relationship management. E
Coordination and management of stakeholders. E
Ability to explain cyber issues to non-technical customers and the relevance of such issues to client circumstances. E
Be a keen problem solver, suggesting novel solutions where pragmatic. E
Be diligent in the protection of company and client data, remaining discrete at all times. E
Able to work both remotely or in isolation, as well as working as part of a team within the 3SDL offices. E
Be able to quickly assimilate emerging threats and work efficiently to develop suitable responses. D
Hold a full UK driving licence. E
Undergo or hold UK government security vetting to the level of Developed Vetting (DV). E
Sign the Official Secrets Act. E
Desire to continue to grow personal professional capabilities with ongoing training and educational opportunities. D
Have a motivation for combatting cyber threats. D
• A competitive salary
• A generous leave allowance: 30 days (plus 8 public holidays)
• Company pension
• Company bonus scheme
• Annual training allowance
• Support to professional memberships and certifications
• Flexible working arrangements
• Maternity/Paternity leave
• Support to Reserve service
Given the limiting criteria surrounding the award of a Security Clearance (SC), unfortunately we can only accept applications from UK nationals – specifically, those with a UK passport.