Senior Software Engineer
Base location: Malvern or Lincoln
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000
3SDL is a leading defence and cyber data systems specialist that enables individuals, organisations and military forces to deliver positive effect. We achieve this through training, applied innovation and collaborative partnerships with the world’s leading defence authorities. It is our independence, proven expertise and ability to apply real-world knowledge that has earned us a global reputation for making the impossible, possible. 3SDL brings a new dimension to projects which enables clients and partners to solve challenges that would otherwise have held them back.
At 3SDL, the fusion of talent and technology solves persistent problems. We’ve established ourselves as a leading developer of innovative software solutions. We’re looking for a highly-skilled Senior Software Engineer to join our program and network design team. Our ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of software development processes and extensive experience testing and evaluating current networking systems. If finding issues and fixing them with structured and well documented code are among the talents that make you tick, we’d like to hear from you.
• Visualize, design, and develop creative and innovative software platforms, as we continue to experience dramatic growth in the usage and visibility of our products.
• Create scalable software platforms and applications, and efficient networking solutions that are unit tested, code reviewed, and checked regularly for continuous integration
• Examine existing systems, identifying flaws and creating solutions to improve service uptime and time-to-resolve through monitoring and automated remediation
• Plan and execute full software development life cycles (SDLC) for each assigned project, adhering to company standards and expectations
• Design and build tools and frameworks to automate development, testing deployment, management and monitoring of the company’s 24x7 services and products
• Plan and scale distributed software and applications, applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with urgency and quality
• Collaborate with programme team, leading the production of project work plans and analysing the efficiency and feasibility of project operations.
• Provide support and mentoring to junior staff, recognising and promoting training needs in support of their career growth within the company.
• 5 years’ experience in two or more of the following tools and technologies:
o Software development of server/desktop systems hosted on one or more of the following platforms: Windows / Linux.
o Delivered customer solutions developed in one or more of the following languages: Java/C++/C#
o Delivered customer solutions utilising medium/large scale SQL/NoSQL based databases.
o Deployed software into Microservice architectures such as Docker/ Kubernetes
o Developed mature Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning solutions.
o Delivered low-level embedded solutions in C/C++
• Proven ability to document design processes, including development, tests, analytics, and troubleshooting
• Experience with rapid development cycles in a web-based environment
• Strong scripting and test automation abilities
• Full driving licence
• Undergo UK government security vetting.
• Sign the Official Secrets Act
• Desire to continue to grow personal professional capabilities with ongoing training and educational opportunities
• A generous leave allowance: 30 days (plus 8 public holidays)
• Company pension
• Company bonus scheme
• Annual training allowance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Cycle to work scheme
• Unpaid extended leave
• Maternity/Paternity leave
• Support to Reserve service
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the limiting criteria surrounding the award of a Security Clearance (SC), unfortunately we can only accept applications from UK nationals – specifically, those with a UK passport.